[C38] Cockpit layout

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:44:09 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

Attached is the deck layout from a C34. This must be close a C38, or a
standard layout. I'm on the process of leading my lines after to the
cockpit. I have the mast collar blocks, attachment pate, the turning blocks
and a Lewmar 30ST and a turnbuckle that goes below deck that attaches the
mast and deck so it won't rise under pressure. I just need to buy the clutch
and that's it. A standard thing that I have seen on many boats is that
mainsheet and main halyard are always located on the port side. I don't know
if your boat came from factory with that configuration, but I saw a
1984 C38  that came with all the lines after, with main h and
mainsheet like yours, and had the topping lift, jib halyard and vang on port
side. Spinnaker halyard was on port.

When I install mine, I'm going to install it like this, so all the load from
the halyards won't be on one side at a time. Still haven't decide on wich
side I am going to install top. lift and afterguy, but I guess they'll have
to be on the same side. right?
--
Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA