[C38] To polish or not to polish

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 17:19:38 EDT 2008

Steve,

During my first spring with Que Linda, I noticed water in both the primary
and secondary fuel filters.  After talking with several people, I learned
that the biggest cause for water in the tank here in the Northwest is
rainwater coming in around the deck fill because of a bad or insufficiently
tightened o ring.  I replaced my o ring and haven't had a problem since.  I
need to add, though, that every spring I remove the fuel gage sender and
suck the sediment out of the lowest point in my fuel tank with an oil
removal pickup tube stiffened by attaching a small metal rod.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA