[C38] Fresh water tank vent

drawson1983 at sbcglobal.net drawson1983 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 12 13:45:11 EDT 2008

Max,

My C38 "Risk Taker" has a fresh water vent on deck next to the fresh water fill. The hose follows the fresh water fill from the top of the tank up through the starboard locker. The holes in the vent are pointed aft. It is unlikely you will get the rail in the water that far forward. I have had a lot of green water over the deck but have never detected salt water in the tank. You could put a deflector over the vent but that has not been necessary on my boat.

Duane