[C38] Fresh water tank vent

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue Aug 12 14:11:45 EDT 2008

On Legacy, the fresh water tank vent is inside the anchor locker with a
clam-shell cover over the top.  When things get rough, I do get quite a bit
of water in the anchor locker, so I'm not sure it's safe from salt water,
but no problems that I can taste so far.

Speaking of water in the anchor locker, at sea, when it's pretty rough, I
think the water in the anchor locker is sloshing over the edge of the
fiberglass anchor locker box and coming into the boat between the anchor
locker box and the inside of the hull.  I'm thinking of using some expanding
foam to fill the gap at the top of the anchor locker but I'm afraid of
cutting off the air circulation.  Does anyone else have this problem.  It
could just be because my boat is so overloaded.

Rich, Legacy, #360, So. Cal.

  _____