[C38] Insurance

Glenn Terry Glenn.Terry at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 27 14:23:27 EDT 2008

I was terminated by Farmers because I had 2 claims in 2 years.  I
checked everyone and it was very difficult to find anyone to insure the
boat.  They wanted everything from prior  proof of insurance to proof of
no claims for 5 years, to a survey and the rates were in 700 to 1,200
range.

I have been a California AAA customer for 25 years.  I have my house,
cars, and now boat with them.  All they wanted was a picture of the boat
and they added it to the policy. So I would first check your homeowners
and car insurance companies.  Oh yea, it was under $500 per year in
premiums for very full coverage.

G!enn
Smooth Moves
San Francisco, South Beach Harbor

Steve Smolinske wrote:

>I have State Farm, they didn't even ask about rigging age, only that
>survey items were corrected and they cover in the US and Canada,

Glenn Terry
OEM Software Licensing
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
4180 Network Circle