[C38] wind system

Kenneth M. Sutto kmspacific at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 00:43:34 EDT 2008

Rich, the "300 hours of autonomy' means that the unit can work that long without the need for direct sunlight to charge the solar batteries.

Ken  "Sundancer"

From: rw at idea-asylum.comTo: listserve at catalina38.orgDate: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:47:50 -0700Subject: Re: [C38] wind system

Hi,

I'm also looking for a new wind instrument so I went to the tacktick web site (http://www.tacktick.com/products/14) to look at the wind instrument.  I wonder what "300 hours autonomy" means?  What do I have to do after 300 hours, I wonder?  I'd worry about a solar powered wind instrument at the top of the mast.  I know in my area, it would get dirty fast and I don't think I'd enjoy going up the mast to clean the little solar panel.  I would think one good bird dropping and the power would be gone.

I too would be interested in anyone's experience with the unit.

Rich West, Legacy, #360, Los Angeles Harbor

From: listserve-bounces at catalina38.org [mailto:listserve-bounces at catalina38.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth M. SuttoSent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:12 PMTo: Organization - listserve at catalina38Subject: [C38] wind system
     I am in the process of up dating my wind transmitter. I want to get a Tack Tick T101 because of the wireless system. Does anybody own a Tack Tick system? I am interested in how the wind transmitter mounts on top of the mast. Is the bracket difficult to install?     West Mareine and Defender sell the T101 for about $1200.00 pluse tax. I found a electronics store in Pa. that sells for less saving me $243.00 (this includes shipping and tax). If anyone wants the address and phone let me know.     Ken Sutto                 "Sundancer"

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.comVersion: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1685 - Release Date: 9/23/2008 7:38 AM