[C38] Mainsail flatening reef

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 12:54:28 EST 2008

Max the idea is to flatten the sail to reduce the pressure on the front side, reducing heel without reducing area. The shape will not be good very flat. I believe you tighten the outhaul and lower the luff to the reef point keep it tight. This  should reduce the power coming from the main.

Bill Flying Goose