[C38] Moving to LA

Bruce Liese bliese at kumc.edu
Tue Dec 2 19:49:13 EST 2008

Hi Kerry,

I know this is a long shot but I am on a waiting list for a slip in San
Diego.  I've sold my Cat 38 but plan to buy another one when a slip
opens.  If the timing is right I'd be willing to talk about
possibilities for keeping your boat in my slip until I get another boat.
 I'm not particularly concerned about the slip fee; I know we could work
something out.  I'd just want to hold the slip with an actual boat.  If
you're interested let me know the best way to reach you.  My e-mail
address is Bruce at KansasCitySailing.com.

And to the rest of the listserve members, I stay on this listserver
because you're such a good group of people!  Besides, I plan to get
another Cat 38 as soon as possible.

Happy Holidays,

Bruce

>>> Kerry Grimes <littlebreeze at comcast.net> 11/29/08 >>>
Good Morning All

I need some help from the Captains in the Los Angeles area.

I work for the State Of California and have recently accepted a
promotion which requires me to move from the San Francisco Bay area to

Los Angeles.  I mean right in the heart of LA where the 5 and the 10
come together.  This is a temporary one year assignment so I have no
plans to move my family or sell the house. I report on January 1, 2009.

  Happy New Year.

I have several options.

1. I can live with my sisters family in Mission Viejo.  As you know
this
is a two hour commute each way.  Not a great idea when you are on 12
hour shifts.

2. Live on my boat.  With this I need some help.  I was hoping the
Captains from LA would send me a list of some of the marinas in their
area, phone numbers, and their rates. (I bet there is a waiting list)
I've been paying $200 a month and I'm sure it costs more down there.

3.  Make new sailing friends in LA.  Me and my boys go sailing twice a

week in the Delta.  They are not coming with me but I'm still going to

need my sailing fix.

Kerry Grimes
Little Breeze
139