[C38] Wanted a new Commodore

S. Orton ssorton at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 01:40:50 EST 2009

Attention all Catalina 38 skippers/owners,

Joe Launie, our past commodore has resigned after two years service to our association.  We thank him for his service and wish him well.  This leaves the association in urgent need for someone to volunteer and fill this position.  The association will have to shut down if this position is not filled in the next 30 days.  I (the treasurer) will not put out a dues request for 2009 unless we have a Commodore.  Also the February issue of the MAINSHEET magazine will be the last, as without dues the association will not have the necessary fees (about $200 quarterly).
Phil Gay, past Commodore, has written a brief job description as follows:
The Commodore shall appoint and coordinate the duties of the other officers of the Catalina 38 International Association.  These officers include the Membership Chairman and Treasurer, the Nationals Race Committee Chairman, the Website Designer and Listserve Coordinator, and the Mainsheet Magazine Editors.  He shall preside over meetings and authorize Association expenditures.  He shall, through example, promote cooperation and exchange of information between Association members.  He shall work to enhance the enjoyment of owning and sailing the Catalina 38 and advance its reputation and value.

The above does not mean the Commodore has to be physically at the site of the meetings, that would be nice, but with the web and email anybody, anywhere could perform the duties.

Please contact me if you have an interest for further information.

Steve Orton,  Cat 38 Treasurer  760-749-1869 or ssorton at sbcglobal.net

Phil Gay,  Past Cat38 Commodore, 206 947-6095 or eyriepg at comcast.net