[C38] Anemometer orientation

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Feb 23 01:07:36 EST 2009

When we had the mast down last year we installed the bracket and pulled the cable for the later addition of wind instruments.  Now Im ready to install them and going by the orientation of the bracket the anemometer will point forward.  Im concerned about the proximity of the vane and tri-cup to the head of the spinnaker.  Im curious how others have them oriented.  The boat yard says they have never seen them installed aft, but the signet literature shows aft.   Does it make a difference?  those of you with them going forward have you had any problems with the spinnaker?  As always Thanks.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle