[C38] things that make you go hhmmmm

PAUL NOTTE panotte at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 2 23:19:46 EDT 2009

When we bought Impulse in Dec we had it surveyed,I would get someone farmiliar with the 38 to do it next time, live and learn. The cutlas bearing was replaced, the blisters dealt with bottom repainted ,lanched her and sailed well motored 80 miles home.Our rudder has about 3/16 play so I'm just going to ckeck it in a year or so, when we got everything sorted out we had pulled out all old wiring that went nowhere then started rewiring where necessary replaced 5 batteries,new radios,gps and added a new shore power panel and rewired it with 6 breakers. a new xantrax charger a seperate isolater for the starting battery.Re-wraped all the exhaust and put new electrical wire hangers where necessary and just generally cleaned up the wiring , then I had the electrician map the boat for me so I know where everything goes. The propane line is no longer wound around the heater exhaust .. I have no idea what someone was thinking there.Changed all hoses an belts changed the oil twice. I'm going to sail it like it is this year , things to do next year include replaceing all mast wireing updateing the interior cushions and adding better rudder stops ." I love my boat "
  Paul
  Impulse