[C38] Trans Pac

Steve Peterson stevepeterson at linkline.com
Thu Jul 9 23:16:24 EDT 2009

From the Hassle:

Yes we were in second place on the 9th when we were hit by a sudden squall.  We had lost the port spinnaker halyard due to defective and not to mention new, halyard blocks, utilizing our aux halyard, when the squall hit. Unfortunately, it became helplessly wrapped in 40 kt winds.  We are currently 4th and 80 miles from the finish.

Steve Peterson
Hassle