[C38] Icebox Insulation

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Dec 1 23:11:24 EST 2009

Tom, and Max

This question is following up an earlier post of yours describing how you insulated your ice boxes.  I have my galley torn apart to replace the laminate tops and finish the cabinets  I was hoping with the counter tops off I would have access to area between the icebox and the liner, no such luck.   You mentioned you cut a hole in the aft bulkhead and slipped insulation strips in, how much space is there between the liner and the ice box?  Catalina suggested drilling holes from inside the box and spraying in foam, Im not crazy about that as you can not gauge or measure the coverage your achieving.

Max, how did your project go?

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle