[C38] Charts

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 22 09:07:29 EST 2009

I don't know the technical difference between the NOAA and Admiralty charts but when I cruised the Bahamas, we used Admiralty charts because at that time NOAA charts were almost non-existent for the areas we sailed.

Now that paper charts have been converted to digital and topography in general has improved, I expect it's possible that both sources have improved and available for most areas so the question remains, what's the difference now?  I'm interested if someone comes up with the answer comparing similar charts of the same area.

Tom Troncalli