[C38] Listserve Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 25 15:40:36 EST 2009

Most of the small inverters are of the psuedo sine sort.  Switching
regulators (like the really small wall-warts) won't work with them at
all.  It has to do with the effect of having two on and off switches in
series and the inductor/capacitor of the switching regulator not having
sufficient intermittant duty cycle to handle the long zero voltage time,
so the voltage never really rises to the correct charge point.

Regards,
Les H