[C38] Introduction

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Mon Feb 9 14:03:44 EST 2009

Well in as much no one stepped up to take Joe Launie's place as Commodore
I'm volunteering.  I know, I know, NEVER VOLUNTEER for anything, or so the
saying goes.

So, friends, neighbors, Romans, Countrymen, Catalina 38 Owners, here I am.
A little about me, as you can see from my signature line below I am a
Private Investigator located in Southern California.  I honorably retired in
1991 from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.  My sailing
experience is much less than most on the list but I'm coming along so please
bear with me.

I have never done anything like being a Commodore before so I'm going to
need all the  help I can get from the members.  If you have an interesting
article you have written either now or in the past and would like it
published in the Mainsheet let me know, send it on and we'll see what we can
do.  Tom Troncalli has agreed to continue as the Technical Advisor, Steve
Orton as Secretary/Treasurer and Charles Finn as the webmaster
http://www.catalina38.org/ but we could stand to have an Editor and Vice
Commodore, any volunteers out there??

Dues letters are forthcoming so please watch for them.  I'm going to do my
best at this but will need some of your help.  If you have questions send
them on, if I can't answer them I'll do my best to find someone that will.

Now a couple of words about the Catalina 38 Nationals, the attendance was
way down last year, only four boats participated, I'm not sure why but would
like to see more boats in this years competition.  Agreeably the windward
leeward format is challenging at best but I think it keeps some of the
cruisers from competing.  Any thoughts on this at all?  Let me know, perhaps
we can do two different formats, one for the hard core racers and one for
the cruisers?  Also, how about some invites from the racers/cruisers for a
spot on your boat for the Nationals for those that are from out of the CA
area ?  Just a thought.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg-President

Larry Malmberg Investigations and Security, Inc.
505 North Arrowhead Avenue - Suite 510
San Bernardino, CA 92401-1200
909-383-8565, 800-655-4549 Facsimile 909-383-8566
PI 15211, PPO 112446

www.larrypi.com

All incoming and outgoing e mail is scanned with Norton AntiVirus.

Civil and Criminal, Surveillance, Internal Investigations, Personal and
Personnel Protection, GPS Tracking and Rental, Notary.

"The American Indians found out what happens when  you don't control
immigration"

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming; WOW-- What a
Ride!"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachments,
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copying,
use, disclosure or distribution of any parts of the contents of this
message/information is prohibited by federal law. Attempts to intercept this
message are in violation of Title 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the