[C38] Rudder

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Tue Feb 10 12:58:22 EST 2009

Good Morning Catalina 38 Owners; we currently have Hassle in Windward Yacht
Center in Marina Del Rey for some bottom work, painting etc.  A thought
occurred to me to have the rudder dropped and checked while on the hard.
The manager called yesterday and told me the rudder was off and there is
some rust on the shaft, he said that for offshore it's probably ok but in as
much as we are doing the Trans Pac in June/July of this year I might want to
take a look at it.  I'm going down there today to check it out but, should I
decide to replace it any ideas where I can get a new one?  Seems to me
someone did this not too long ago.  Also, anything in particular I should
know about rudders?  LOL  Yes, I am searching the Knowledge Base here.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Hassle