[C38] heat exchanger

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue Feb 24 23:09:59 EST 2009

Hi Patrick,

I had a universal M35 in Legacy (before the Yanmar I now have) and it had
two bolt-on end caps on each end of the heat exchanger.  It was pretty
simple to remove them and clean out the small tubes inside.   There were
rubber gaskets between the body of the exchanger and the end caps that
looked like they were cut from an old intertube.   I cleaned my heat
exchanger out a few times as there was a zinc electrode in the heat
exchanger that would disintegrate and clog the small tubes with broken zinc
chunks.

I don't know if any of this applies to your engine.

Rich, Legacy, #360, Los Angeles

  _____