[C38] emergency tiller

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 15 22:16:43 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

My boat came with an emergency tiller and I have already had the displeasure of having to use it once.

My emergency tiller is very short but it did the job.  It has to be short to clear the wheel but if you make sure you can remove your wheel quickly, you could fabricate one longer which would give a lot more leverage than the one I have.

I think you could fabricate a tiller very easily from common materials.  I would take a picture of mine for you but it is almost 500 miles from me right now.  If you are not in a hurry, I could get a picture to you in a few weeks.

Tom Troncalli
Renata hull #95