[C38] non skid deck

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 13 16:14:44 EDT 2009

Hi Max,

I use non-skid powder added to urethane paint for my non-skid surfaces.  I used non-skid powder in enamel on my dock also with very good results.  The powder is very fine so you still get some luster but without the slippery shine.

You can buy non-skid powder from any most marine stores but I get my non-skid powder from Fiberglass Coatings Inc. located in St. Petersburg, Florida for a small fraction of the marine store prices.

Fiberglas Coatings sells in non-flashy containers and generally caters to the professionals but they do sell to the public.

They have a website at:

http://www.fgci.com/

I don't know if they ship to Costa Rica but if they do, I recommend them very highly.  They have great people, prices, selection and quality of paint and Fiberglas materials.

Tom Troncalli
Renata #95