[C38] feathering propellors

Adams, Julian julian at umich.edu
Fri May 8 13:07:28 EDT 2009

Some time ago I saw some correspondence on the listserve about feathering propellers - right now I have a folding prop which I would like to pension off.  I would appreciate any thoughts any recommendations people have.  I talked to one supplier, who told me that before recommending anything he needs to know a) the engine model number, b) the transmission ratio, and c) the shaft diameter.  My boat is a 1982 with a 25 hp Universal which I think is the original.  Since I am about 4 ½ hours away from my boat right now (which is in Mackinaw City MI) I would appreciate any information.
Julian Adams
"Floating Bear"