[C38] starboard vs port performance

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Wed Jun 3 02:17:29 EDT 2009

Steve,
    Check to see if your boat is symmetrical. Macavity is not. We
discovered this when we installed Harken adjustable genoa track and
found the genoa track was closer to the cabin on one side than the
other. We checked angles etc from one side to the other relative to the
bow and found the boat to be off by almost an inch. So the same setting
on one side may actually have a different angle on one side than the
other. We are also faster on one tack than the other. Joe Launie, Macavity