[C38] Boat Speed

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Thu Jul 9 11:58:27 EDT 2009

If there's any wind at all our boat will go 4kts

A "nice day for sailing" she'll go 6kts effortlessly.

With a bit of wind, she'll do sevens, but it's work.

Biggest number I've seen in realtime on the GPS was 10.9kts, double reefed
with most of the genie rolled up, Aries steering with 25-35kts+ of wind
over my left shoulder. The trip max speed on that run was 22.4kts, which
must have been some sort of lurch/surf.

The C38 is faster than most other boat is most conditions. But fast boast
are faster.