[C38] sheets

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 25 21:37:13 EDT 2009

On JACE we use 9/16 jib sheets and 3/8 for the Assymetrical but never
fly it ;-)

	The jib sheets are 38 feet long.  We used to have one long sheet
crowfooted on the jib, but with wear I wanted to move the nip.  A
crowfoot puts a lot of crimp in the core, so I opted to cut the sheet
line and make two sheets and bowline to the jib.  It snags occasionally
on the shrouds in light air, but who sails in light air ;-)

	The spinnaker sheets are 50' to reach the whole way out if the spin
flys free.  We don't use stoppers on the spin because I'm cautious and a
full drawing spin may not be nice if the stopper stops it from running
out.  But that is just me.

	We changed the main sheet to 9/16 single braid because it coils so much
finer and grips the small cabin top winch better.

	That said, we don't race.  We cruise and occasionally sail quite fast,
but generally less fast than most of the racers.

Regards,