[C38] Heat exchange

Robert Miller chapuys at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 01:33:06 EDT 2009

Got the new heat exchanger installed.  Not as bad a job as I thought it
would be.  I found that attaching all the new hoses to the heat exchanger
first before installing it and then hooking up the other ends of the hoses
to the engine and raw water inlet and outlets made the job a lot easier.  I
ran the engine in forward at the slip at 2500 RPM for 45 minutes.  It never
got above 170 degrees.  Before I would have been at 195 - 200 in about 5
minutes.  Thanks to everyone here at this site for the great advice.

Bob Miller

"Bolero" at Southwestern YC in San Diego

  _____