[C38] Battery Voltage

mncameron at att.net mncameron at att.net
Mon Sep 21 10:40:31 EDT 2009

 Steve,
There is a education series at Elliott Bay Marina sponsored by the Seattle Yacht Club.  Oct 8 at 6 pm they will have Understanding Batteries presented by Boat Electric and Winterizing your Boat presented by CSR Marine.  Details are in 48degrees Sept issue, or call 206-325-1000.

michael

--
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so
much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."

  -------------- Original message from "Steve Smolinske" <SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com>: --------------

I've been doing some research and cant find what Im looking for, so Ill throw it out to the group.  for my start battery I have a 12v lead/acid, for the house bank two 6 volts in series.  Nice new voltage meter installed in the panel so I can see the state of charge.  Charged them up last night and today,  The start battery settled in three hours later at 12.6 and the house bank 12.9.  I have found info  all over the net stating fully charged batteries should be 12.7, 13.1 or 13.5 first question is which should it be?  Second is why do I get a .1 difference when looking at the panel read out versus a multimeter on the terminals......the multimeter reads lower.   As always thanks.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle