[C38] "Re-invent the Wheel"

Patrick Harpole 1derful at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 11:45:59 EDT 2009

Something else to watch newbies for is hypothermia.  It happened to my
daughter who was 22 years old at the time.  She was sitting in the
cockpit....clear but chilly day on the bay.  She had a kind of blank look on
her face.  I asked her if she was cold....took her time  to respond...about
1/2 hour (teasing).  "Lights on but nobody home."  I got her into cabin and
put warm clothes on.  She woke up.
     I also picked up a hypothermic wind surfer from the bay.  His lights
were definitely out.  Had not I or someone else picked him up he was either
going to be shark bait or wind up in Oahu.
Patrick