[C38] I have a question concerning curtains over the boa...

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 12 16:38:49 EDT 2009

We had curtains but they were showing age, never hung right, and were a
dreary dark blue.

We made inserts from a white sheet of that stuff they line shower stalls
with. The inserts are held into the ports by little turn clips that are
normally used on screen doors to hold the screens in. The clips are
available from any hardware store and they mount on the existing screws of
the aluminum trim so no additional holes were needed to install them to the
port lights.

When underway, the inserts can be laid behind a cushion until they are
needed.  Since they block the sun, they help keep the upholstery from
degrading from sun exposure.  They also give an element of insulation by
trapping dead air between the inserts and port light glass.

Once you have a template made, the port light inserts are very easy to cut
out using a scroll saw.

Tom Troncalli

do you use to secure them around the ports? Do you do any drilling for
hangers, or velcro them to the fiberglass, or glue them? All our ports are
tinted but I want to have some more privacy when needed.