[C38] I have a question concerning curtains over the boa...

Peggy Droesch saintpeg at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 13 13:52:01 EDT 2009

Hello all,

We're recent additions to the listserve (been lurking for a while!) but had
to chime in on this one.  I'm Peggy Droesch sailing out of Point Richmond,
CA; with my partner Rory Hansen I bought Windlassie (hull #231) a couple of
years ago.

One of the first things we did is get the peek-a-boo shutters (zarcor.com),
since there was no sign of curtains ever having been installed on our boat.
Zarcor has templates for many boats on file; but we had to submit new ones
since our portlights had been replaced by the previous owner & are slightly
larger than the originals.  A week or two after submitting the corrected
templates we had our shutters in hand.  Easy to install, easy to trim if
needed, the default shutter color goes well with the Catalina interior &
the phone staff are very helpful.  One pair of shutters didn't fit as well
as they should have, so I asked for & got a replacement set.

I was a little concerned that having two layers of heavy plastic inside the
window frames would result in condensation & mildew buildup, but haven't
seen a sign of it even in this foggy climate.

Peggy