[C38] I have a question concerning curtains over the boa...

D McC cat38skip at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 12:08:36 EDT 2009

Hello All,

After dealing with the nasty old fabric curtains and associated hardware, I came up with a replacement using Redi-Shades. These things are inexpensive and easy to work with. This is my first permanent installation of them on the boat and we are quite happy with them. They can be raised and clipped up to provide complete visibility and lowered and fastened with a velcro tab for privacy with light in the cabin. My initial attachment was with double faced tape which worked but was a mess to remove when the shades needed replacing. They are now fastened with nylon machine screws into holes tapped into the fiberglass. This makes removal and replacement easier and cleaner. Being a cheap@$$ boatowner and marginally employed due to the downturn, I am into this project for less than $100 and a few hours of my time. A few pictures are attached.

Dave
Pretty Lady #148
S San Francisco, CA