[C38] Hello from Bermuda

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Nov 10 08:18:06 EST 2009

Hello from Bermuda!

INTEMPERANCE left Montauk on the afternoon of Thursday, October 28 and
arrived in Bermuda on the morning of Thursday, November 5.

We had five days of sailing hard on the wind, including crossing the Gulf
Stream on a beat, triple reefed. Didn't mind wind so much, but pounding
into the short seas, hour after hour, day after day wasn't so much fun.

One day was so light we motored for a few hours. The one day we had the
wind behind us it was about Force 6, and all we had up was a bit of our
mostly rolled up genoa and we were still doing sixes and sevens in front
of a 12 foot sea.

We've been spending the last week fixing/changing things that broke or
didn't work how we thought they would. Mostly squared away now and waiting
for a fair weather chance to sail to the islands.

Bermuda is lovely. I'd count the effort and expense to get here as
worthwhile.

-David
S/V Intemperance