[C38] 4 sale

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 23 17:07:12 EST 2010

Hi, everyone,

It is time for Nancy and I to send JACE off to someone else to love.

JACE is well equipped, her new engine has less than 300 hours (I don't
have the exact hours here), she has a new bilge pump installed, and a
spare.  Her electrical panel is now all circuit breakers with a terminal
panel behind it, JRC radar, Eagle chart plotter, recent Wheel pilot, new
nonskid paint, 130 watts of solar, 1800 watt inverter (I had to have my
coffee), main Sail about 2004, Canvass new 2007, good condition roller
furling 140 jib, nice asymmetrical with sock, etc. and spare parts
available depending on price etc.  She has a folding prop mounted, which
adds about 1/2 knot to top speed in 10-15kts of wind.

	New hull applied by HullTech in San Diego 2008, and new nonskid paint
about the same time.

	Achilles dinghy with 5Hp four stroke at extra price as well, basic tool
set available if you want for a minimal price. Interior is light tan
velour with bright accent cushions, nice trawler oil lamp over table
included, along with one small oil lamp mounted through the mirror over
the forward wall of the dining area.

Available spares (negotiable) include: fixed 2 blade prop, spare
standing rigging, some running rigging, 91 amp alternator, wire, circuit
breakers, various lamps, a couple of boxes of miscellaneous stainless
steel screws, nuts and bolts, various inflatable life vests.

JACE is a wonderful boat, sails like a dream, and once balanced in 10-15
knots just tightening the wheel brake she'll hold her course with out
the autopilot for up to 20minutes.

We have sailed her for about 2000 miles up and down the coast of
California, and other than me forgetting to change the fuel filter and
one loose zinc on the shaft we have had no problems.

I should have done this about a year ago, but I couldn't bring myself to
part with her.  I know that somewhere out there is another skipper
waiting for the chance to make that dream a reality with JACE.

	All the details here are from memory, and may vary slightly in fact,
but the intent is to show the care JACE has received over our tenure as
her owners. There are pretty good documents on the boat, and I am
willing to give you the names of the yards and services that have
maintained the boat for us, if you make an offer on the boat.

	If the deal requires a survey that will be at your expense, but we will
endeavor to work with you to get it scheduled and the boat delivered if
necessary but only in the San Diego area.  Most financing arrangements
and insurance will require a survey.

I'll send some photos later.

Regards,
Les H