[C38] 38hp Yanmar 3JH5E on a C38?

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:43:27 EDT 2010

I was planning to overhaul the original 5424 on Estancia, but after noticing
that the four cyl M35 has more hp, are a lot smaller, and about 80lbs
lighter, I decided to replace the engine in a few months, so I'm checking my
options.
We previously discussed that some owners have installed 30HP 3 cyl Yanmar
3GM30 and 3YM30 on their C38's, but have someone installed a 38.5hp 3cyl
Yanmar 3JH5E on a C38??
This engine seems to be a little bit smaller as the old 5424 and about 50lbs
lighter with the obvious advantage of 14hp more..........

Regards

--
Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA