[C38] Bad News

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Sat Jul 17 11:08:02 EDT 2010

Hi all;

Just a note to let all my amigos here know we had an electrical fire on
Hassle Thursday evening.  The damage is significant but limited to wiring in
the engine compartment and fuel tank area so it may be repairable. We are
working with our insurance carrier, their retained surveyor and an
electrician now and will make a determination soon on Hassle's future.  Wish
us good luck on this please.

We had an mechanic/electrician installing a new 105 amp alternator on Hassle
when this happened, we are not sure what the cause of the fire is just yet.
I have an Origin and Cause Expert coming down tomorrow to check and see if
he can determine the origin and cause of the fire.

I'll try to keep everyone posted on our progress or lack of.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg

Commodore Catalina 38 Association

Hassle Hull 149