[C38] Cutlass Bearing Strut Faring {and pedestal-related work}

Marc Stewart mstewart at sounddsl.com
Mon Nov 15 20:21:47 EST 2010

Hi all,
Pictures to follow - but the idea of putting a faring
around the propeller strut appears to have been a
really bad idea in salt water. Pandora is alive and
well on Palancar. The yard reported really bad
pitting today on the propeller strut and suggested
replacing it (and cutlass bearing).  I'll post the
pictures when I get them tomorrow for interested parties.

Relating to the pedestal issue, surely the cockpit
deck has been an issue some have grappled.
Especially in the wet Northwest, I would expect a wet
wood core - though it's not shown any lack of
stiffness in the six years I've owned the boat - and
have been doing the ostrich trick.

Thanks,
Marc Stewart
Palancar, #26,