[C38] PHRF rating versus actual displacement?

Glenn 401 855 4355 glenn at easternyachtri.com
Fri Jan 8 14:34:26 EST 2010

Has any one compared their actual displacement figures with the factory
specs?

I own hull number 13, POIA, here in New England.  Have owned her for
almost 12 years.

I have the feeling she is "overweight" and like many boat mfgs I work
with this is not unusual to have a displacement spec that was a target
but not achieved.  This particularly happens with the first few boats
built; they are over built which is a good thing.

However, I am going to have POIA measured this spring since if the
displacement is in fact much higher than the specs then her PHRF rating
is lower than it should be.  I would be curious if other members have
any such experiences?

thanks
Glenn Walters