[C38] wisker pole

tom yost mayoryost at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 15:16:29 EST 2010

Paul

I stared out with a line control whisker pole on my '38, used it a couple of years and it worked OK. I could extend or contract the pole as needed. When I started racing I bought a carbon fiber spinnaker pole and realized how heavy and hard to handle the whisker pole was. I don't race much anymore but the lightness and ease of handling of the carbon pole really is nice and the length 15' 6" seems just about right for my roller furling 135. My wife can wield the pole around the foredeck without difficulty. The cost of the carbon fiber pole was about the same as an aluminum pole at that time. I haven't priced them for awhile, though.

Tom Yost
Eagledancer