[C38] heat exchanger

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sun Mar 7 01:19:04 EST 2010

Jon,

Congrats and welcome you'll find this list is an invaluable resource.   I also replaced mine the cost was $330 as Bob mentioned the link to the company in Victoria is http://www.manifoldwarehouse.com/mes/mgr?brch=home  that was for the largest of three sizes that will work with our engines.  The extra money is well spent as we also run 20-30 degrees cooler and the engine sounds so much better.  There was quite a thread going last year on heat exchangers you may want to surf the archive if you haven't already.  My project grew to include replacing all the hoses, the fresh and raw water pumps too along with the thermostat for good measure.  Tom T. pointed out last year that our water pumps have internally lubricated bearings and those pumps if original are 25 years old.  That's why my job grew it didn't make sense for me to pull everything else apart and not replace something that was just lurking, just waiting for the most inopportune time to break.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle