[C38] Boat repair yards, Puget Sound

ssorton at sbcglobal.net ssorton at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 15 14:55:58 EDT 2010

Hi North-West sailors,

You guys convinced me, rather easily, that I don't want to sail my boat up
there  from San Diego area.  I found a reputable boat trucking company
(Piazzo Boat Transfer) to do the job for $3500.  My question now is about
boat yards to have the boat delivered to.  I have talked to Swantown Boat
Works in Olympia and they sound OK.  The main problem I have with yards,
they won't let me hand sand (lightly) the bottom before painting, using all
the proper care of spreading tarps to collect the debris, etc and Swantown
said they would.  I'm also going to paint the mast and have the rigging
tensile tested before assembly and  hoisted back in the boat.

Any suggestions are appreciated,  Steve Orton (Santa Susanna)