[C38] The deck/hull joint

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Mar 16 01:57:02 EDT 2010

Phil,

Id be prone to go with just another nut for a few reasons, first taking the current nut off involves unscrewing it and then screwing it back on.  Thats twice the time, second you may loosen the screw and need to have someone top side with a screw driver as you place the nut and lock washer back on.  By adding a second nut its essentially a one person job. I found that most of the nuts tightened up without me needing to have Sherri topside holding a screw driver.  a deep socket was a must as I started with a cresent wrench and soon punted on that idea.  At some point in the future I would love to remove the rails and have them reanodized, but as soon as I think about it I wisely move it to the very end of my list of things to do in this life.

On another note yachtworld has a listing for a C38 in Marina Del Ray that has a beautiful paint job is anyone familiar with the boat or have an idea how much it cost?

Steve