[C38] Forward hatch replacement??

Rick Swensson rswensson at cox.net
Wed Mar 17 13:25:57 EDT 2010

Ditto for "Rascal"; easy to install the plexiglass hatch (drill holes for
the hinges carefully) and it really increases the light in the V-berth but
the problem is getting a good seal.  I kept the original black foam seal in
place on the deck and added a "stick-on" foam seal around the hatch itself.
With "Victory at Sea" waves on the bow it still leaks though.  I would do it
again however and not go through the complex process of trying to fit a
"real" hatch like Lewmar.

Rick Swensson