[C38] bad injector on Universal 5424

Robert Miller chapuys at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 10:01:16 EDT 2010

Speaking of clogged exhaust systems, I had a mechanic replace everything
from the manifold adaptor to the muffler.  My elbow had been reduced to less
than 1/8".  While the mechanic finished the installation I replaced the raw
water impeller.  I had already replaced the heat exchanger with a 3"
diameter one.  Prior to all this I only got 1800 rpm at full throttle and 4
knots.  I took it out yesterday and was able to pull 3200 rpm at full
throttle.  I ran it at 3000 rpm for one hour and at one point was making 7.2
knots.  The temperature never got over 170 degrees.  It's like a new engine.

Bob Miller

"Bolero" #113 in San Diego