[C38] Well I got the pins out of each end of the track. ...

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:52:59 EDT 2010

Hi Ken,

The original cars are Nicro Fico. Not available anymore, but maybe
rigrite.com will have some. They do have control end block from schaefer
that will fit our track. My last boat, a Spirit 28 had the same track and
smaller. Rig Rite sent me the new control ends and they were totally
different, but very easy to install, so I asume that they might have the
bigger version for our old tracks.

You are right about the bolts. They are the largest 1/4" bolts that I have
ever seen!!!  In order to replace the car and control ends you don't need to
remove the track.

Kenneth M. Sutto <kmspacific at hotmail.com>

> Well I got the pins out of each end of the track. Penetrating oil, heat it
> and beat it. I think everyone at Swantown marina now knows my favorite swear
> words!  I'm having a hard time getting out the two wheels on the cars that
> need replacing. There is no brand name on them but I am guessing they are
> the origional ones. If any one of you fellows that have replaced your
> traveler have your old cars left I would be interested in buying them.
> Let me get this track removal straight. I have three screws on each side of
> the track going into the wooden blocks. The heads are slotted. Can I assume
> that these screws go through the track, through the wooden blocks and onto
> the cabin top?  I really do not want to remove the track just get another
> set of cars.
>
> Ken

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA