[C38] waxing and whining

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:07:51 EDT 2010

Paul,
If you send him a ticket, he' ll be more than happy to go up there and wax a
couple of boats!!haha.....
When I removed the hatch, I didn't have to remove the track. I left it alone
on its place. There is no need to.
 The dirt in the track will only make it slide easier, but won't avoid the
wear caused by the friction between the hatch and the deck.
The teflon tape strips were just around $20.

Max

2010/4/13 PAUL NOTTE <panotte at shaw.ca>

> I'm with Charles send up your waxer Max. As for the hatch I find if I hose
> the channels out on a regular schedual with fresh water the hatch slides
> much easyier if I don't it binds up. I'm in the process of cleaning and
> varnishing right now and had not planed on removing the teak at the
> companion way this year.....However after I remove the traveler , it's only
> 4 more holes to drill. Well off to the boat to contemplate this new issue.
>   Paul Impulse

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica