[C38] cabin top wear and fix

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 22 22:07:56 EDT 2010

Nancy and I had what I called a privacy curtain made up for JACE.  We
had the dodger built with a short drape on the aft end, onto which were
7 or so toggles.  Then we had a drape made up that reached from the
dodger to the cockpit sole in the middle and down to the benches on the
sides.  This was weighted with small sandbags.  It also had velcro ties
to attach around the dodger support poles on the sides.  When it was
down, we could leave the hatch open, and noone could see inside.  It
also made a nice draft on hot nights to cool the cabin.  You could just
sweep it aside to go in or out, or for repeated access, just toss it
back over the top of the dodger.

We love it and still have it for the new dodger.  It can also be used
when the sun cover is in place.

Regards,
Les H