[C38] Traveler Upgrade

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sat Apr 24 10:16:11 EDT 2010

Exactly what Tom said  I didn't care for the looksof the straight so I
kept the curved. I also rerouted the main sheet so that the when
sheeting more of the effort goes directly to the leech than the
original set up. I also ran the garhaueur rigid vang control and a
cunningham to the cockpit and they are on the same side as the
mainsheet. So now when we race the main trimmer can do a more
effective job with the shape.  When I was thinking it through I
decided to go with something I looked at all the time versus the
amount of times It would be detrimental. Of course when cruising I
don't worry about it that much.

For the outhaul we replaced the internal 3:1 setup with a 12:1 and
lead it forward to exit at the front of the boom on the bottom side it
the is lead through a camcleat on a swivel so it can beeasily adjusted
from any location on the deck.

Steve Smolinske