[C38] Cat 38 Burgee

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:36:49 EDT 2010

To all,

I feel the burgee, the blue one without a assigned number for voting, should be also voted on and discarded on it's merits.  Joe Launie, past commodore and Cat 38 member, spent his time and money to design this burgee and it should be considered, or at least modifications of.  This burgee did fly on the committee boat during Nationals a couple years ago.
A description what goes into  this burgee:
   1.  The lite-medium blue base of the flag is hemmed all around
   2.  The white heavy tape is at the head of the burgee, house the grommets
   3.  The royal blue globe with longitude lines embroidered- one sewn on each side
   4.  The red and white Catalina diamond logo are 2 more colors- one sewn on each side
   5.  The black "38" numbers are sewn to white part of the diamond- one more color
   6.  The white "C" is sewn to the red part of the diamond
All edges are hemmed- there are no raw edges to fray. even the numbers/letters are hemmed.
The reason for the royal blue globe is to show an international bent, as we have about 10% of our members are off shore- Canada, UK, Australia.

As you can see the costs of this isn't cheap, unless made in China.  There are maybe some methods of printing that would be cheaper, like silk screening.

The purpose of this email is not to push an existing burgee, but to give members an idea of what drives costs.  Attached is a pic of the burgee described above.

Cheers, Steve O (Treasurer)