[C38] Burgee round 27

Marc S. Stewart mstewart at sounddsl.com
Fri May 7 00:32:06 EDT 2010

Bob Miller,
I've pasted an earlier email on the subject:

From: listserve-bounces at catalina38.org
[mailto:listserve-bounces at catalina38.org] On Behalf Of Charles Finn Sent:
Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:54 PM
To: Catalina 38 Listserve
Subject: [C38] Burgee Update!
I am taking several of your advice and am moving this forward.  The replies
regarding Burgee preferences tally up as:

Results:
#3  -7 straight out votes with one additional one for an adaptation #5  -1
vote with adaptation
#2  -1 vote
yes  -1 vote with no preference
no   -1

None of your officers have weighed in on the vote other than to heartily
endorse the idea of a burgee (they at least could be entered in the "yes"
column).

I would say this is a pretty clear indication of preference.  Now for the
really good news!

Prestige Flags has given us a bid for #3, which would allow us to sell it
for $28.50
Here is my math:  $20.50 flag + $3.00 setup/shipping + $5.00 shipping and
handling from C38 to you = $28.50.

Here is the quote:

Size: 12x18 Pennant with C/38 reading right on both sides
Colors: White, Red, Black
Process: Appliqued/Cut & Stitched
Quantity/Cost:  6-24 @ $20.50 each
               25-49 @ $19.75 each
               50-99 @ $19.00 each
               100+  @ $18.00 each

There is also a one time $50.00 set up charge plus $10.00 shipping.

I would note the flags will be made out of #400 denier nylon.  The other bid
I received (which cost more) was out of #200.
I would also note this is "read right from both sides."

It will take about three weeks once we have made the order for delivery.
Treasurer Steve Orton reports we should be able to develop a list of names
with the number of flags you might want to purchase and then make the
order
before the money actually reaches him.  This will take weeks of delay off
this!

If you think this is a good idea, then please do this!

1. PERSONALLY Send me your:
            NAME
            ADDRESS
            PHONE
            Number of Burgees
My personal email is charles at finn.ws

2. Send Steve Orton your check!

            Steve Orton (treasurer)
            29651 Wilhite Ln.
            Valley Center, CA. 92082

I think we will need between 15-20 flags ordered before we can move forward,
so it would be great if you could act on this as quickly as possible.

Tally Ho!
Chuck Finn
Vice Commodore

> I would like one too.  Let me know how to order.
>

> Bob Miller
>
> “Bolero” #113 at Southwestern YC in San Diego

Baltimore,
> Md  21206. I will send a check to Steve tomorrow the 7th.
>
> Thanks, Dan, hull #108  Blonde Stranger
>

> May 5, 2010 09:41:42 AM, listserve at catalina38.org wrote:
>
> The way the Burgee order process works is we need at least 15-20 orders
in hand to make an order (minimum order is 24-25). We have enough to
make the first order, but I want to make sure no one is left out!

> The problem is we cannot afford to stock burgees and therefore will not
be making another order once we run out of the current number until we
generate another 15-20 orders... That probably won't happen soon or even
ever....

> So, this is your chance! I will make the order next Monday, so let me
know if you want a Burgee by Sunday at the latest. I cannot promise
there will be any available after that.

> In the meantime, the Mighty Quinn hits the water for another summer
season early next week and all I have to do is.