[C38] Spinnakers

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue May 25 20:22:11 EDT 2010

Jay,

our spinnaker is cut to SLU 49.5, SGF 28.75 and SGM 29.66, PHRF-NW calcs the area at 1211sq/ft.  1218 was the max we could go in size without penalty.   The dimensions listed on the web site of 49.5 and 27.9 calc out according to PHRF-NWs way of figuring 1112 sq/ft.  It was also cut to accomodate PHRF-NoCal so as not to exceed the 198% of J dimension it comes out to 192%.   Attached is a drawing of the chute from the designer, It was designed to be A/P with a bias toward running.   They nailed it pretty good as it trimmed out just like the picture.

Steve
#312 Peregrine
Seattle