[C38] Bad News

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Sat Jul 17 15:48:52 EDT 2010

Robert,
     Familiar story for that race. In the 1970's I was on the race
committee for that race from Windjammers. One memorable year I was the
escort boat and got a first to finish gun. In those days finish was at
Buoy 5 with a committee boat anchored there. It was just after dawn and
we approached under power, main up, headsail down flying a 4 foot by 6
foot race committee flag and got the gun. It seems the committe had been
there awhile and had been breakfasting on Bloody Marys. We tied up along
side and finished the first few boats until SWYCcould send out
replacements. Joe